Cranio-Sacral Therapy For Tinnitus
Tinnitus is experienced by around 20% of the population. Factors contributing to its onset vary from person to person. Varying factors might include restricted temporal bones, nerve compression, neuritis, vascular disturbances, congestion in the ear, imbalances in the neck, persistent exposure to noise, teeth clenching and grinding, TMJ dysfunction, stress factors, trauma and many others.
What Does A Cranio-Sacral Therapy Session For Tinnitus Involve?
A Cranio-sacral Therapy session involves a short period at the start of each session where the CST therapist checks in with you to see how you are following the previous week’s session. The therapist will ask you to lay down on a therapeutic couch. They will then begin the session by grounding themselves and tapping into your energy. A CST session involves very gentle holding of different parts of the body. In the case of tinnitus areas which might be held include the cranium, sacrum, temporal bones and ears. A session usually lasts between fifty minutes and one hour.
How Can Cranio-Sacral Therapy Help With Tinnitus?
Cranio-sacral Therapy can help some tinnitus cases very quickly, others gradually and sometimes it might make very little difference. In most tinnitus cases Cranio-sacral Therapy is able to improve a client’s situation. CST helps to calm the nervous system, improve energetic flow around the temporal bones and through-out the body. Even when tinnitus symptoms persist CST can help you to change your reaction to them, in a calm detached way. CST is also a helpful way to approach trauma held within the body. Processing trauma in a somatic way can help you to feel more relaxed and therefore make tinnitus less bothersome.
Cranio-Sacral Therapy Benefits For Tinnitus
- Cessation of tinnitus symptoms
- Calms the nervous system
- Enables you to reconnect with the way you feel
- A simple way to maintain great clarity, tranquillity and calmness
- Provides a means to deal more harmoniously with the ups and downs of everyday life
- Helps you to develop and change a negative tinnitus response to a more measured positive one
- Helps you to adopt a more mindful approach to tinnitus enabling you to remain, calm, detached and non-judgemental in the face of difficulties with tinnitus
How Long Would I Need To See CST Therapist For?
A recommended time to see a Cranio-sacral Therapist for would be a minimum of eight weeks. When accessing treatments or therapies for tinnitus it can sometimes be difficult to maintain ones focus on one particular type treatment or therapy. Most tinnitus treatments and therapies are helpful in their own way. One helpful tip is to think of therapy or treatment as a way of managing tinnitus rather than an all or nothing approach. This will enable you to get the most from the treatment or therapy you are having.
Do you experience these problematic tinnitus symptoms?
- Inability to relax
- Feelings of anxiety when you hear your tinnitus?
- Do you become fixated on the tinnitus and struggle to think about anything else?
- Do you get stuck in a negative tinnitus cycle?
- Are you overusing your thinking function to try and find a way to find a way out of a perceived tinnitus prison?
- Has it taken over your life so you feel like it is no longer enjoyable?
- Do you no longer feal like yourself?
If the answer is yes to any of the above our tinnitus retraining therapy will help you.
Get in touch
The best way to contact me is via my contact form. This gives me the information i need to see if i can help you prior to having an initial consultation. I look forward to hearing from you.